- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup shelled walnuts
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus a pinch
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or fresh lemon juice
First put on a large pot of salted water to boil. When it’s boiling, steam the Brussels sprouts for 3 minutes (see Note) and set aside. Then cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
Recipe courtesy of Isa Moskowitz, Isa Does It: Amazingly Easy, Wildly Delicious Vegan Recipes for Every day of the Week.